Sunday, January 02, 2011

ROBERTS PAINTING

 
 This took a LOT longer than I thought it would.  I finished it for my brother and his wife seconds before they walked in the door for our Christmas celebration.  I was sprinkling the glitter as they were walking up the driveway!  My Lovely Brother in Law was leaning over my shoulder taunting me the whole time.  Gotta love the Brother-in-Law! It is a law?  You have to love him? :)

This is the biggest tree painting I've done so far.  I really like the size...I think I will have to go and get more watercolor blocks in this size.  I need to finish my uncles painting and he is getting married so I will do one for his fiance Lisa.
Looking forward to working this year!  I'm going to take my art seriously...I've put time aside, like a job, to work on it!  Wish me luck.  :)

8 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Ooooh! Last minute! Cool as a cucumber, you make it look so easy. There is so much movement in this iamge. It actually prompts me to move my body when viewing it. Great to see you again.

Poetic Artist said...

I just found you thru another blog.
I do love your trees..
Glad I stopped by.

Tam Hess said...

Thanks for stopping by Ces!

Glad you found me too, Poetic Artist. Love your Etsy shop.

Tammy said...

Oh my this is wonderful....Can't believe it was last minute as it is perfect. Wonderful job...I am sure they loved it!
You are one talented lady. Hope you had a wonderful New Year!
Have a super week!
smiles...Tammy

yoborobo said...

I love this! Did your brother jump up and down (I guess that would be undignified)? I wish I could see it in person, I love all the movement in it! Happy New Year, and I am completely with you on setting aside time for art - xox! Pam

Anonymous said...

You are craaazy talented! Love this!

PolsPhoto said...

Thats a really nice painting, Just saying.... lol
(PolsPhoto via SB)

Martina G. said...

I have seen your painting trees on the other blog ..... which are so beautiful and colorful. I like them very much. :-)

Greetings from Germany :-)