Monday, March 25, 2013

PAINTING ROCKS

Much harder than I thought it would be.  Why?  Simple designs are better and I wanted to get complicated.  That moth suffered with complications.
That baby grasshopper is my favorite.  I used a very thin micron pen (poor pen did not like writing on rock) the thin line worked better for the detail.  I still had to take it easy one the color and just add little touches of the green.
The heart is pretty and simple.  Pretty simple.....
The feather was the first thing I painted.  It took 30 seconds to paint.....you could really paint an entire rock bed if you whip these out to fast!

3 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

There is something nice about painting rocks, they are a memory sometimes of where they are found.

Unknown said...

I really want to paint some rocks too! Hehe, but I would have to like... buy them.

Sherry Schmidt said...

Exciting work! I've been wanting to paint rocks too - I have an owl in mind for my granddaughter.