Friday, February 15, 2013

VALENTINE PARTY PART II

After the great food and goodies (previous post) we started on a collage craft project.  This is Valentine's Tam Style!
We used lots of glitter and texture....
After I lay out the background, Andy was inspired to finish my project.
Look at this bright and wonderful pink!  Tina was moved to work with embossing powder.
I guess those fish needed google eyes.
Andy was having fun, and really getting creative!
Learning to work with collage has always been tricky for me.  It can be overwhelming with so many steps and elements to combine.  Jody, Tina and Andy really have the hang of it.
Jody LOVES sparkle and texture.  She was so inspired by the class we took from Paulette Insall.  I think Jody has many collage pieces in her future!
Explosion of creativity!  Oh and notice, among the mess, the cheese cake and water break.  Need to get some energy....
Fun way to celebrate!  I will always look for a way to fit creativity into a family event.  It brings people together and it doesn't matter if your age, my teenager Andy at 15, my sissy and friend at 30 for me, over 40!

What fun and creative thing do you do at family functions?

Wishing you all a Happy Paint Party Friday, and In the Studio!

Happy Sunday Sketches too!! xoxo

24 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

What wonderful colors and textures!
Love art parties!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

miriam miller said...

what a blast! I love this!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Now this...! Is the PERFECT kind of Valentine's day party! I want to come!!! Smiles and happy day to you!

bellefrogworks said...

What a fun idea! People you love doing things that you love together.

sharon said...

Wonderful idea and fun. Love the texture of both.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Wow! this looks such great fun. I could just sit there and join in :)

Tracey FK said...

this looks like it was a raging success... and the work that came out of it is so vibrant and full of energy...xx

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

now this is the way to celebrate a holiday! how fun... i love it!! :)

Faye said...

Love all the feely things in the collages! The colors and textures are gorgeous. Looks like the celebration was loads of fun.

Lynn Cohen said...

Fun watching you create these wonderful pages! I love all the layers and details!

Lisabella Russo said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the creations, they are so much fun. The fish are especially cute!

AM Zafaran said...

It looks like it was a fun party and all of you had fun! And lovely creations that were made, each one looks great!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had fun. Beautiful collages you created. There's no age for creating. When my daughter comes home from Uni, she always dives into creating something with me... :)

Ivy said...

Wonderful mixed media piece, love it! HPPF!

Victoria said...

Wowness..so very beautiful..dazzling..such a fun and gorgeous post of photos..art..all fabulous! Wonderful energies and colors..and I love that old key!
Thanks for sharing such a visual journey of bliss!
Victoria

Alexandra MacVean said...

Tam, I just love your projects. Although I'm buried in school and have so little time to do art during the semester, your work really inspires me and lifts my spirits to keep pushing through. Thank you! :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

How fun! My girls and I used to do Valentines for their grandparents and uncles when they were young, but haven't done it in a couple of years. Blessings!

Christine said...

very creative, wonderful family fun!

Tammie Lee said...

it really does look as though you had a wonderful time!

art with family and friends can be such a good way to visit and share. I will be doing that tomorrow.

Your Valentine celebration in the post below looks awesome wonderful too. yum.

GalleryJuana said...

That looks like a table set for a fever of creativity! Cool in process photosToo:)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

VERY Inspiring!!!!

Jennifer said...

Tam that looks like a blast! I love the three dimensioal quality of the project!

Anonymous said...

wow youre creative!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Beautiful artwork too!

Heather Santos
Sparrow's Journey Blog