Friday, March 06, 2015

Got Trees on the Brain!

 Above is the first tree I ever drew.  From this tree I started my tree themed art journey.
 Above is the last tree painting I've done.  This tree was commissioned by my cousin for her friends wedding.
This last tree above is the latest illustration I did for greeting card publishers.  I added a crooked little house.

Today I was contacted by the president of this organization: http://www.soulfulgiving.org/home to participate as a vendor.  Free booth and everything.  COOL!!

So now I need to come up with new work. The one part I hate hate hate about creating the paintings is the framing.  I'm terrible at framing.  I make a mess of it.  I need to see about mounting the paintings on canvas.  I'm really nervous to try that new technique but I'll will give it a go...

I'm also going to try more collage elements in my watercolor paintings.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

siga said...

I truly love your style! Since the first tree can see how great artist you are :) And I understand you about framing, its like an art by itself, but can¨t escape it...

António Je. Batalha said...

É para mim uma honra acessar ao seu blog e poder ver e ler o que está a escrever é um blog simpático e aqui aprendemos, feito com carinhos e muito interesse em divulgar as suas ideias, é um blog que nos convida a ficar mais um pouco e que dá gosto vir aqui mais vezes.
Posso afirmar que gostei do que vi e li,decerto não deixarei de visitá-lo mais vezes.
Sou António Batalha.
PS.Se desejar visite O Peregrino E Servo, e se ainda não segue pode fazê-lo agora, mas só se gostar, eu vou retribuir seguindo também o seu.
Que a Paz e saúde esteja no seu coração e no seu lar.
http://peregrinoeservoantoniobatalha.blogspot.pt/

Alexandra MacVean said...

Yeah but YOUR trees are pretty cool and seriously creative! :)

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

This is soooo cool! I love your style and creative flair. I've wanted to start art journaling and I hope to one day create my own line of stamps. Awesome inspiration

Jane_Apolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your pictures are very great but if you attach bad frames they will become worse.